Submissions for Issue 2: The Suburbs are now OPEN. Submissions are due by 30 June 2017.
Before you submit, please take note of the following guidelines:
- Please email all submissions to email@example.com. Submissions will not be accepted through any other medium.
- In your subject line, please use the following format – [Issue 1]: [Surname, First Name], [Name of piece], [Medium (fiction, non-fiction, etc)]
- We always welcome pitches! If you are pitching, please put the word “pitch” in your subject line.
- We do not accept submissions that have been published previously on any other platform, including personal blogs and websites.
- We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
- One submission per person, per issue. Exceptions may be made for short collections of poetry.
- We will send you an email upon receipt of your submission, and we will endeavour to reply to all submissions within four weeks.
- If you are accepted for publication, you will not be eligible for publication in the issue directly following the one in which you have been published.
- We are only taking visual submissions in black and white.
We also take submissions for our online blog in the form of reviews and interviews. Reviews can be of books, plays, films, or television shows written by or predominantly starring people of Asian, or Asian Australian descent. People who do not identify as Asian Australian are welcome to submit pieces for the blog. Interviews must be conducted with an Asian Australian artist. Opportunities and suggestions for reviews and events will be listed below. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities & Suggestions for Reviews
OzAsia Festival: 26th September-8 October, 2017. Adelaide Festival Centre, Adelaide, SA.
Film & TV
Nowhere Boys: The Book of Shadows (Tony Ayres, Joel Lok)
Tracer (Maria Tran)
The Family Law (Season 1, 2)