Submissions for Issue 3: Food are now OPEN until 4pm on 5th February 2018 .
Before you submit, please take note of the following guidelines:
- Please email all submissions to editor [dot] pencilledin [at] gmail [dot] com. Submissions will not be accepted through any other medium.
- In your subject line, please use the following format – [Issue #]: [Surname, First Name], [Name of piece], [Medium (fiction, non-fiction, etc)]
- Please attach your submission to your email in a word document.
- Please format your word document in 12pt Times New Roman, double spaced, with normal margins.
- We always welcome pitches! If you are pitching, please put the word “pitch” in your subject line.
- We do not accept submissions that have been published previously on any other platform, including personal blogs and websites.
- We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
- One submission per person, per issue. Exceptions are made for poetry – a maximum of three poems can be submitted per person.
- We will send you an email upon receipt of your submission, and we will endeavour to reply to all submissions within four weeks after the closing submission date.
- If you are accepted for publication, you will not be eligible for publication in the issue directly following the one in which you have been published.
- We only take visual submissions in black and white.
We also take submissions for our online blog in the form of reviews and interviews. Reviews can be of books, plays, films, or television shows written by or predominantly starring people of Asian, or Asian Australian descent. People who do not identify as Asian Australian are welcome to submit pieces for the blog. Interviews must be conducted with an Asian Australian artist. Opportunities and suggestions for reviews and events will be listed below.
We pay $100 for fiction, non-fiction, comics, and visual arts pieces upon publication in the magazine. We pay $75 for one poem, and $100 for collections of poems. For blog posts, we pay $25 per post.
For more information, please email editor [dot] pencilledin [at] gmail [dot] com.